The College derives its inspiration from St. Peter’s and St. Paul’s Orthodox Syrian Church, Kolenchery. It was in the meeting held on 9th February 1964 at this church, the idea of applying for a Junior College in Kolenchery was mooted. A committee consisting of Sri. C.P Issac (Chairman), Sri. P. M Paily Pillai (Secretary) and Sri. C.V Jacob (Treasurer) was authorized to proceed with the dream project. Sanction for a Junior College came through the letter No. G.C2/2879/63 dated 01-07-1964. The College is managed by the St. Peter’s College Trust, a Society registered under the Travancore Cochin Literary Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act of 1955. The sincere and dedicated leadership given in the past by people like Sri. M. Chacko Pillai, Sri. K.V Thomas, Sri. N. P Varghese, Sri. P. M Paily Pillai, Sri. C.P Issac, Sri. K.E Issac, Sri. K.P Paulose, Sri. E.M Varkey, Dr. C.T George etc. had made St. Peter’s College, a reputed educational institution.