Use of the Library
- Members have the privilege of direct access to the shelves in the stack room and the reading halls and the freedom to browse among the books.
- Books can be freely taken out of the shelves, but on no account they could be re-shelved by the members because of the danger of misplacement.
- The library provides computer based Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) for searching documents available in the library.
- Readers can consult with this computerized catalogue (OPAC) for knowing the required book of his/ her is available or not. For better use of the library, members can seek the help of library staff.
- Library is fully computerized by using a standard software SOUL (Software For University Libraries) and all the computers are networked.
- All books and member ID cards are bar-coded for easy transaction. Internet facilities are also available in the library and are open to all the members of the library.